Set of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions & Answers) with Answers on Small – Scale Multipath Propagation of Wireless & Mobile Communications in ECE (Electronics & Communication Eng.).
1. Small scale fading describes the _________ fluctuations of the amplitude, phases of a signal.
2. Which of the following is not an effect caused by multipath in radio channel?
a) Rapid changes in signal strength
b) Random frequency modulation
c) Power of base station
d) Time dispersion
3. In urban areas, fading occurs due to height of mobile antenna ________ than height of surrounding structure.
d) Very larger
4. Doppler shift is directly proportional to __________
b) Height of antenna
c) Power of receiving antenna
d) Power of transmitter
5. Fading is caused by interference.
6. Fading does not occur when mobile receiver is stationary.
7. Apparent shift in frequency in multipath wave is caused due to relative motion between________
a) Base station and MSC
b) Mobile and surrounding objects
c) Mobile and MSC
d) Mobile and base station
8. Which of the following factor does not influence small scale fading?
a) Multipath propagation
b) Power density of base station
c) Speed of mobile
d) Speed of surrounding objects
9. Signal will distort if transmitted signal bandwidth is greater than bandwidth of __________
b) Radio channel
c) Multipath channel
10. What is a measure of the maximum frequency difference for which signals are strongly correlated in amplitude?
a) Coherence bandwidth
b) Narrow bandwidth
c) Incoherent bandwidth
d) Wide bandwidth
11. Doppler shift is positive if mobile is moving away from direction of arrival of the wave.
12. The Doppler shift for mobile moving with constant velocity, v is given by _______
a) (v*cos θ)/λ
c) v*cos θ