This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Spectrum of Multitone Signal”.
1. What you understand by the term discone antenna?
a) combination of disc and cone
b) combination of disc and cone with a spacing of ʎ/4
c) combination of disc and cone with a spacing of ʎ/2
d) same as a simple antenna
2. A system has a voltage of 15V and it produces a total current of 1300μA. Find the power of system?
3. Video signals are transmitted through ________
a) Frequency Modulation
b) Amplitude Modulation
c) Pulse Modulation
d) Either frequency or amplitude modulation
4. An input resistance of 20 Kῼ causes a noise voltage of 10μV. Suppose two input resistance each of 20 Kῼ are connected in parallel, then find the total noise voltage?
5. Any signal and its Hilbert transform are mutually orthogonal.
6. Mostly used radio receivers are?
a) pulsed receivers
b) CW receivers
c) TRF receivers
d) super heterodyne receivers
7. Modem is combination of both modulator and demodulator.
8. What Squelch circuit does?
a) helps to receive signals that are useful for the system
b) helps to make channel noise free
c) helps to receive two or more than two signals at once
d) helps to suppress the audio output in the absence of sufficiently strong desired signal
9. Find the step size of a signal with peak to peak amplitude of 4V and is quantized into 64 levels?
a) 32.3 x 10-3
b) 30.23 x 10-3
c) 62.5 x 10-3
d) 53.3 x 10-3
10. If the step size of a system is 0.0625, find its quantization power?
a) 3.25 x 10-3
b) 3.25 x 10-4
c) 3.25 x 10-2
d) 3.25 x 10-1