This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Spread Spectrum Multiple Access”.
1. SSMA uses signals which have a transmission bandwidth that is smaller than the minimum required RF bandwidth.
2. PN sequence converts _______ signal to ______ signal.
a) Narrowband, wideband
b) Wideband, narrowband
c) Unmodulated, modulated
d) Low frequency, high frequency
3. SSMA is bandwidth efficient when used with a single user.
4. ___________ is a digital multiple access system in which carrier frequencies are varied in pseudorandom order.
5. If the rate of change of the carrier frequency is greater than the symbol rate, then the system is referred as ___________
a) Fast frequency hopping system
b) Slow frequency hopping system
c) Time division frequency hopping system
d) Code division multiple access system
6. A frequency hopped system does not provide security.
7. All users in CDMA system uses __________ carrier frequency.
8. ___________ problem occurs when many mobile users share the same channel.
c) Line of sight
9. In CDMA, symbol duration is ___________ than channel delay spread.
c) Slightly greater
d) Much less
10. ____________ is used to improve reception by collecting time delayed versions of the required signal.
a) RAKE receiver
c) Frequency modulator
d) High pass filter
11. ____________ arises from the fact that the spreading sequences of different users are not orthogonal.
a) Near-far problem
b) Line of sight
d) Self jamming