This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Superhetrodyne Receiver”.
1. Colpitts oscillator is used in frequency modulation.
2. The difference between phase and frequency modulation ________
a) lies in the poorer radio response of phase modulation index
b) lies in the different definition of modulation index
c) is too great to make the two systems compatible
d) is purely theoretical
3. Which of the following statement is true about frequency modulation?
a) noise gets decrease if we decrease deviation
b) noise gets decrease if we increase deviation
c) noise gets decrease by maintaining deviation constant
d) noise relates parabolically to deviation
4. The frequency deviation is proportional to both amplitude and frequency in the phase modulated signal.
5. Frequency fogging is used to reduce noise in a carrier system.
6. De-emphasis circuit is used in circuit before detection.
7. In a frequency modulated signal, the power _________ as the modulation index increases.
a) remains constant
d) becomes 0
8. Pre-emphasis circuit is used ________
a) before detection
b) after detection
c) before encoding
d) after encoding