This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The CE Characteristics”.
1. The input resistance is given by _________
2. Which of the following depicts the output characteristics of a CE transistor?
3. The input characteristics of a CE transistor is_________
4. The output resistance is given by _________
5. When the collector junction is reverse biased and emitter junction is forward biased, the operating region of the transistor is called_________
a) inverted region
b) active region
c) cut off region
d) cut in region
6. A change in 700mV in base emitter voltage causes a change of 200µA in the base current. Determine the dynamic input resistance.
7. Which of the following cases damage the transistor?
a) when VCE is increased too far
b) when VCE is decreased too far
c) when VBE is increased too far
d) when VBE is decreased too far
8. The small amount of current which flows even when base current IB=0 is called_________
9. The change in collector emitter voltage from 6V to 9V causes increase in collector current from 6mA to 6.3mA. Determine the dynamic output resistance.
10. Which of the following points locates the quiescent point?
a) (IC, VCB)
b) (IE, VCE)
c) (IE, VCB)
d) (IC, VCE)