This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Current Components in a P-N junction diode”.
1. The number of injected minority carriers falls off linearly with the increase in the distance from the junction. Is it true or false?
2. What is the total current in a diode when x=0?
a) I = Ipn (0) – Inp (0)
b) I = Ipn (0) + Inp (0)
c) I = -Ipn (0) – Inp (0)
d) I = -Ipn (0) + Inp (0)
3. When a forward biased is applied to a diode, the electrons enter to which region of the diode?
c) P-n junction
d) Metal side
4. The current in the diode is
a) I only
b) II only
c) I and II both
d) Neither I nor II
5. Which of the following statements is correct under forward biased p-n diode?
a) current enters n side as hole current and leaves p side as electron current
b) current enters n side as electron current and leaves p side as hole current
c) current enters p side as hole current and leaves n side as electron current
d) current enters p side as hole current and leaves p side as electron current
6. What is the hole current in the p region of the diode?
a) Ipp (x)=I-Inp (x)
b) Ipp (x)=I+Inp (x)
c) Ipp (x)=-I-Inp (x)
d) Ipp (x)=-I+Inp (x)
7. The current is constant throughout the device. Is it true or false?
8. Calculate the total current when Ipn (0)=1mA and Inp (0)=2mA.
9. What does Inp represent?
a) Hole current in n region
b) Hole current in p region
c) Electron current in n region
d) Electron current in p region
10. Deep into the p side the current is a drift current Ipp of holes sustained by the small electric field in the semiconductor. Is the statement true or false?