This set of Control Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Design Problem”.
1. Which system exhibits the initiation of corrective action only after the output gets affected?
a) Feed forward
c) Both a and b
d) None of the mentioned
2. A good control system should be sensitive to __________
a) Internal disturbances
b) Environmental parameters
c) Parametric variations
d) Input signals (except noise)
3. What should be the nature of bandwidth for a good control system?
d) All of the mentioned
4. What is the value of steady state error in closed loop control systems?
5. Which among the following controls the speed of D.C. motor?
b) Gauss meter
6. Which notation represents the feedback path in closed loop system representation?
7. Into which energy signal does the position sensor convert the measured position of servomotor in servomechanisms?
8. Which among the following represents an illustration of closed loop system?
a) Automatic washing machine
b) Automatic electric iron
c) Bread toaster
d) Electric hair drier
9. Which among the following is not an advantage of an open loop system?
a) Simplicity in construction & design
b) Easy maintenance
c) Rare problems of stability
d) Requirements of system re-calibration from time to time
10. Which terminology deals with the excitation or stimulus applied to the system from an external source for the generation of an output?
a) Input signal
b) Output signal
c) Error signal
d) Feedback signal