This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Insulated-Gate FET(MOSFET) – 2″.
1. MOSFET can be used as ________
a) Voltage controlled capacitor
b) Current controlled capacitor
c) Voltage controlled inductor
d) Current controlled inductor
2. The effective channel length of a MOSFET in saturation decreases with increase in which of the following parameter?
a) Gate voltage
b) Drain voltage
c) Source voltage
d) Body voltage
3. The threshold voltage of an n-channel MOSFET can be controlled by which of the following parameter?
a) Increasing the channel dopant concentration
b) Reducing the channel dopant concentration
c) Reducing the gate-oxide thickness
d) Reducing the channel
4. In a MOSFET operating in a saturation region, the channel length modulation effect causes
a) An increase in gate-source capacitance
b) Decrease in Trans conductance
c) Decrease in the unity gain cut off
d) Decrease in the output impedance
5. At room temperature, what is the possible value for the mobility of electrons in the inversion layer of a silicon n-channel MOSFET?
a) 450 cm2/v-s
b) 1350 cm2/v-s
c) 1800 cm2/v-s
6. The depletion type MOSFET is equivalent to normally closed switch.
7. Which of the following effects can be caused by decrease in temperature?
a) Increase in MOSFET current
b) Increase in BJT current
c) Decrease in MOSFET current
d) Decrease in BJT current
8. The drain current of a MOSFET in saturation is given by ID=K(VGS-VP) (VGS-VP)
where k is a constant. Determine the magnitude of gm.
a) K(VGS-VT) (VGS-VT)/ VDS
c) ID/VGS VdS
d) K(VGS-VT) (VGS-VT)/ VGS
9. Which of the following statement is true about enhancement MOSFET?
a) It acts as closed switch
b) It acts as open switch
c) It acts as resistor with small resistance
10. For a transistor in its circuit symbol, the line between drain and source was broken, what does this indicate?
c) Depletion type MOSFET
d) Enhancement type MOSFET