This set of Electric Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Mesh-Current Method and Dependent Sources and Some Special Cases”.
1. If there are 6 branches and 4 essential nodes, how many equations are required to describe a circuit in mesh-current method?
2. Find the current flowing through 5Ω resistor in the given circuit.
3. The loop which does not contain any other inner loop is known as _____________
a) A node
b) A mesh
c) A branch
d) A super mesh
4. A Super Mesh analysis could be done when there is a common _____________ between any two loops.
a) Voltage source
b) Current source
d) Both voltage and current source
5. Find the power delivered by the voltage source in the network given below.
6. Find the value of VX in the circuit given below.
7. Calculate the current flowing through 10Ω resistor in the circuit shown below.
8. The Mesh-Current method is applicable only for ___________
a) Non-linear networks
b) Equivalent networks
c) Non-planar networks
d) Planar networks
9. A Supermesh is formed between two loops which share a common voltage source.
10. If there are 16 branches and 5 essential nodes, how many equations are required to describe a circuit in mesh-current method?
11. Mesh analysis is best suitable for _____________
a) Current sources
b) Voltage sources
c) Complex elements
d) Unilateral elements
12. If 4 equations are required to describe a circuit by Mesh-Current method and there are n nodes. How many branches are there in the network?
13. Determine the current through 3Ω resistor in the network given below.