This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Operating Point”.
1. Q point can be set to work on active region requires particular conditions. What are they?
a) BE reverse biased and BC forward biased
b) BE reverse biased and BC reverse biased
c) BE forward biased and BC reverse biased
d) BE forward biased and BC forward biased
2. The Q-point of a transistor is made to shift between Active and cut off Region, then how does the transistor behave?
3. Where should be the bias point set in order to make transistor work as an amplifier?
a) Cut off
d) Cut off and Saturation
4. For a Fixed bias circuit having RC=2.2KΩ, RB=240Ω, VCC=12v and current amplification factor is 100 and the current flowing through the base is 20µA, the value if Collector current in saturation is_____________
5. For a fixed bias circuit having RC=4.7KΩ and RB=1KΩ, VCC=10V, and base current at Bias point was found to be 0.2µA, Find β?
6. For a Voltage divider circuit having RC=R1=R2=RE=1KΩ, if VCC=20V, find IC when Vce = VCC?
7. The bias point of a transistor occurs when the supply voltage exceeds the breakdown voltage of a transistor.
8. For a Voltage divider bias circuit, having R1=R2=10KΩ, RC=4.7 KΩ, RE=1 KΩ, What is the value of collector current at saturation if VCC=10V?
9. Changes in the temperature will not affect the bias point.
10. For the voltage divider circuit, if a diode is connected in reverse direction across the base Find the value of β? (Vd=1.2v and input is 1V)
d) cannot be determined