This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Unijunction Transistors”.
1. What are unijunction transistors used for?
a) Amplifying a circuit
b) Circuit breaker
c) Splitting device
d) On-Off switching device
2. Unijunction transistors have unidirectional conductivity and positive impedance characteristics.
3. How many terminals are there in a unijunction transistor?
4. What is the generalized value for the voltage across resistor RB1 in a unijunction transistor?
a) VRB1 = (RB2 / RB1 + RB2) × VBB
b) VRB1 = (RB2 / RB1 – RB2) × VBB
c) VRB1 = (RB1 / RB1 + RB2) × VBB
d) VRB1 = (RB1 / RB1 – RB2) × VBB
5. Which type of material is the channel of a unijunction transistor made up of?
a) PN type
b) It doesn’t affect the working
c) P type
d) N type
6. What are the working regions of a unijunction transistor?
a) Linear region
b) Negative Resistance region
c) Saturation region
d) Cut-off region
7. What is the intrinsic stand-off ratio(η) of a unijunction transistor when RB1 = 10kΩ and RBB = 15kΩ?
8. What are the terminals of a unijunction transistor?
a) Collector, Base and Emitter
b) Emitter, Base 1 and Base 2
c) Gate, Drain and Source
d) Gate, Drain, Body and Source