This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Volt Ampere Characteristics”.
1. At room temperature what will be voltage equivalent of temperature.
a) 10 mV
b) 4.576 mV
c) 26 mV
d) 98 V
2. In a P-N junction the positive voltage at which the diode starts to conduct consequently is called.
a) Cut off voltage
b) Saturation voltage
c) Knee voltage
d) Breakdown voltage
3. The voltage equivalent of temperature (Vt) in a P-N junctions is given by.
a) T/1000 volts
b) T/300 volts
c) T/1600 volts
d) T/11600 volts
4. In volt ampere characteristics the current increases with voltage _________
5. What would be the current and voltage when there is no external voltage applied on the diode?
6. In a P-N junction diode during forward bias if the current increases more than the value that is rated will destroy the diode.
7. The cut off voltage for diode of silicon semiconductor and germanium semiconductor is ____ volts.
a) 0.5 and 0.1
b) 0.7 and 0.3
c) 1 and 0.5
d) 0.5 and 1
8. In P-N junction V-I characteristics during forward biased, at what region the current increase is very low.
c) Cut off
9. When the P-N junction diode is forward bias the current in circuit is controlled by.
a) External voltage
d) Internal voltage
10. The P-N junction diode conducts in which direction.
a) Reverse direction
b) Forward direction
c) Both Forward and Reverse direction
d) Neither Forward nor Reverse direction