This set of Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Thermoelectric Transducer”.
1. Thermoelectric transducer is a __________
a) temperature transducer
b) pressure transducer
c) inductive transducer
d) capacitive transducer
2. Commonly used thermoelectric transducer is __________
c) linear variable differential transducer
d) loud speaker
3. The algebraic sum of e.m.f.s in a circuit containing thermocouples is __________
4. What is a thermopile?
a) single thermocouple
b) series-parallel connection of thermocouples
c) parallel connection of thermocouples
d) series of thermocouples
5. Chromel-constantan thermopile consists of 25 thermocouples.
6. Thermocouple must provide ________
a) small thermo e.m.f
b) sufficient thermo e.m.f
c) no thermo e.m.f
d) infinite thermo e.m.f
7. Most suitable material for a thermocouple is ________
8. If two different metals are joined forming a closed circuit an electric current flows.
9. Which of the following should satisfy for measuring higher temperatures using a thermocouple?
a) no wire is required
b) wire must be small
c) wire must be thin
d) wire must be heavy
10. For accurate temperature measurement in a thermocouple the __________
a) cold compensation is needed
b) hot compensation is needed
c) no compensation is needed
d) hot and cold compensations are needed