This set of Control Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Time Response of First Order Systems”.
1. A unit step is applied at t=0 to a first order system without time delay. The response has the value of 1.264 units at t=10 mins, and 2 units at steady state. The transfer function of the system is_____________
2. The transfer function of the system is G(s) =100/(s+1) (s+100). For a unit step input to the system the approximate settling time for 2% criterion is:
a) 100 sec
b) 4 sec
c) 1 sec
d) 0.01 sec
3. First order system is defined as :
a) Number of poles at origin
b) Order of the differential equation
c) Total number of poles of equation
d) Total number of poles and order of equation
4. If a first order system and its time response to a unit step are as shown below, the gain K is :
5. Assertion (A): It is observed that step function is first derivative of a ramp function and impulse function is first derivative of a step function.
Reason (R): From the derived time response expression it is concluded that the output time response also follows the same sequence as that of input functions.
a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
b) Both A and R are true but R is not correct explanation of A
c) Both A is True but R is false
d) Both A is False but R is true
6. A system with transfer function 1/Ts+1, subjected to a step input takes to seconds to reach 50% of step height. The value of t is :
7. The unit impulse response of a system having transfer function K/(s+a) is shown below. The value of a is :
8.A first order system and its response to a unit step input are shown in figure below. The system parameters are____________
a) a=5 and k=12
b) a=10 and k=5
c) a=5 and k=10
d) a=8 and k=9
9. Laplace transform of unit impulse signal is :
10. Time response during steady state the output velocity matches with the input velocity but lags behind the input by T.