This set of Control Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Time Response of Second Order Systems – I”.
2. The system in originally critically damped if the gain is doubled the system will be :
a) Remains same
c) Under damped
3. Which of the following transfer function will have the greatest maximum overshoot?
4. Let c(t) be the unit step response of a system with transfer function K(s+a)/(s+K). If c(0+) = 2 and c(∞) = 10, then the values of a and K are respectively.
a) 2 and 10
b) -2 and 10
c) 10 and 2
d) 2 and -10
d) None of the mentioned
6. The forward path transfer function is given by G(s) = 2/s(s+3). Obtain an expression for unit step response of the system.
7. The damping ratio and peak overshoot are measures of:
a) Relative stability
b) Speed of response
c) Steady state error
d) Absolute stability
8. A system has a complex conjugate root pair of multiplicity two or more in its characteristic equation. The impulse response of the system will be:
a) A sinusoidal oscillation which decays exponentially; the system is therefore stable
b) A sinusoidal oscillation with a time multiplier ; the system is therefore unstable
c) A sinusoidal oscillation which rises exponentially ; the system is therefore unstable
d) A dc term harmonic oscillation the system therefore becomes limiting stable
9. Find the initial and final values of the following function:
F(s) = 12(s+1)/s(s+2)^2(s+3)
10. The step response of the system is c(t) = 10+8e-t-4/8e-2t . The gain in time constant form of transfer function will be: