This set of Control Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Time Response of Second Order Systems – II”.
1. Consider a system with transfer function G(s) = s+6/Ks2+s+6. Its damping ratio will be 0.5 when the values of k is:
2. The output in response to a unit step input for a particular continuous control system is c(t)= 1-e-t. What is the delay time Td?
3. What will be the nature of time response if the roots of the characteristic equation are located on the s-plane imaginary axis?
b) Damped oscillations
c) No oscillations
d) Under damped oscilaations
4. Which one of the following is the most likely reason for large overshoot in a control system?
a) High gain in a system
b) Presence of dead time delay in a system
c) High positive correcting torque
d) High retarding torque
5. The unit step response of a second order system is = 1-e-5t-5te-5t . Consider the following statements:
1. The under damped natural frequency is 5 rad/s.
2. The damping ratio is 1.
3. The impulse response is 25te-5t.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
a) Only 1 and 2
b) Only 2 and 3
c) Only 1 and 3
d) 1,2 and 3
6. The peak percentage overshoot of the closed loop system is :
7. For the system 2/s+1, the approximate time taken for a step response to reach 98% of its final value is:
8. The loop transfer function of controller Gc(s) is :
9. Consider a second order all-pole transfer function model, if the desired settling time(5%) is 0.60 sec and the desired damping ratio 0.707, where should the poles be located in s-plane?
10. Which of the following quantities give a measure of the transient characteristics of a control system, when subjected to unit step excitation.
1. Maximum overshoot
2. Maximum undershoot
3. Overall gain
4. Delay time
5. Rise time
6. Fall time
a) 1,3 and 5
b) 2, 4 and 5
c) 2,4 and 6
d) 1,4 and 5