This set of Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Transducer Selection Factors”.
1. Selection of a transducer depends on the quantity being measured.
2. A transducer must have _____________
a) maximum loading
b) minimum loading
c) zero loading
d) infinite loading
3. Transducers must operate under ___________
a) zero electromagnetic field
b) constant electromagnetic fields
c) varying electromagnetic fields
d) infinite electromagnetic field
4. Errors can be minimised in some transducers through ___________
a) power compensation
b) voltage compensation
c) resistance compensation
d) temperature compensation
5. How can a transducer be used in the environment with vibrations?
a) using shock absorbers
b) using proper grounding
c) using effective voltage
d) using a transformer
6. How many passive transducers are there?
7. Resistance of a metallic conductor is given by ___________
a) R = I⁄A
b) R = ρ⁄A
c) R = ρl⁄A
d) R = 1⁄A
8. Passive transducers are described with their primary parameters.
9. Rotational potentiometers use ___________
b) self inductance
c) mutual inductance
10. Temperature transducers make use of ___________
a) change in resistivity
b) change in length
c) change in area
d) change in capacitance