This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Transmission Bandwidth”.
1. If we see practically, parallel data transmission is sent ________
a) over long distances only
b) over short distances only
c) usually over a coaxial cable
d) over a single channel
2. Who invented the five-level teletype code?
a) Teletype company
b) Morkum company
c) Western Union
d) Emile Baudot
3. What is the full form of DTMF?
a) Dual-Tone Multi frequency
b) Dual Telephony Multiple Frequency
c) Dual-Tone Minimum Frequency
d) Digital Tone Minimum Frequency
4. What is the full form of LATA?
a) Local Access Telephone Area
b) Local Area Telephone Access
c) Local Access and Transport Area
d) Local Area Transport Access
5. Why synchronous transmission is more preferred?
a) it has no start and stop bits
b) it is cheaper than asynchronous
c) it is easier to implement
d) less complex
6. What is the use of ARQ?
a) correct bit errors
b) works with a simplex channel
c) better transmission efficiency
d) can only be used in unidirectional channel
7. The transmitter and receiver are frame-by-frame synchronized using the data bits in asynchronous transmission.
8. Which statement is true about HDLC?
a) it is not a bit-oriented protocol
b) it is a bit-oriented protocol
c) it is identical to SDLC
d) it is non-identical to SDLC