Set of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions & Answers) with Answers on Trunking and Grade of Service of Wireless & Mobile Communications in ECE (Electronics & Communication Eng.).
1. What is the concept for accommodating a large number of users in a limited radio spectrum?
a) Grade of service
2. On termination of call, the occupied channel is not returned to the pool of available channels in trunking.
3. In trunking system, when the channel is already in use, the call is blocked or queued.
4. Who developed the fundamental of trunking theory?
5. What is the unit for the measure of traffic intensity?
6. One Erlang represents _________
a) One call- hour per hour
b) One call-minute per hour
c) One call- hour per minute
d) Many calls- hour per hour
7. What is the measure of the ability of user to access a trunked system during the busiest hour?
b) Grade of Service (GOS)
8. GOS is typically given as a likelihood that a ________
a) Call is in progress
b) Channels are busy
c) Call is blocked
d) Channel are free
9. The time requires to allocate a trunked radio channel to a requesting user is called _______
a) Dwell time
b) Holding time
c) Run time
d) Set up Time
10. Average duration of a typical call is called ________
a) Holding time
b) Dwell time
c) Set up time
d) Run time
11. The average number of call requests per unit time is also known as ________
a) Request rate
c) Grade o Service
d) Traffic intensity
12. Traffic intensity offered by each user is the product of __________
a) Set up time and holding time
b) Call request rate and holding time
c) Load and holding time
d) Call request rate and set up time
13. AMPS cellular system is designed for a GOS of _____ blocking.
b) 50 %
14. Blocked calls cleared formula is also known as _______ formula.
a) Erlang C
b) Erlang A
c) Erlang D
d) Erlang B
15. Blocked calls delayed formula is also known as _______
a) Erlang A
b) Erlang B
c) Erlang C
d) Erlang D