This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Types of Frequency Modulation”.
1. Automatic Level Control (ALC) is used to keep the modulation index close to 100%.
2. A signal that ________ must have linear power amplifier.
a) is complex
b) has variable frequency
c) is linear
d) has variable amplitude
3. Baseband compression produces ________
a) a small range of frequencies from low to high
b) a small range of different phases
c) a small range of angles
d) a small range of amplitude
4. Transmitters are designed usually to derive a load impedance of ________
a) 50 ohms resistive
b) 150 ohms resistive
c) 250 ohms resistive
d) 500 ohms resistive
5. A class D amplifiers is very efficient than other amplifiers.
6. What is the full form of AFC?
a) Amplitude to frequency conversion
b) Automatic frequency conversion
c) Automatic frequency control
d) Audio frequency control
7. What we called a resistor if a transmitter is connected to a resistor instead of an antenna?
a) a test load
b) a temporary load
c) a dummy load
d) a heavy load
8. The carrier is suppressed in ________
a) a mixer
b) a frequency multiplier
c) a transducer
d) a balance modulator
9. Mixing is used in communication to ________
a) raise the carrier frequency
b) lower the carrier frequency
c) to altered the deviation
d) to change the carrier frequency to any required valu
10. On which factor the bandwidth required for a modulated carrier depends?
a) baseband frequency range
b) signal to noise ratio
c) carrier frequency
d) amplitude of carrier frequency