This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “United States Digital Cellular (IS-54 and IS-136)”.
1. The dual mode USDC/AMPS system was standardized as ____________
2. USDC is also known as ___________
3. USDC was designed to share different frequencies as compared to AMPS.
4. Because of the compatibility with AMPS, USDC is also known as ___________
5. USDC forward and reverse control channels use exactly the same signalling techniques as AMPS.
6. USDC has ___________ as many control channels as AMPS.
b) Three times
d) Four times
7. Which of the following data channels of USDC carries the user information?
8. Which of the following channel is similar in functionality to the SAT used in AMPS?
9. Which of the following channel in USDC provides a signalling channel?
10. Which of the following channel in USDC is used to send important control or specialized traffic data between the base station and mobile units?
11. Which of the following speech coder is used in USDC?
a) Vector Sum Excited Linear Predictive coder
b) Formant Vocoder
c) Multipulse Excited Linear Predictive coder
d) Residual Excited Linear Predictive coder