This set of Analog Electronic Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Voltage-Ampere Characteristics of Diode-1″.
1. What is meant by the PIV rating of a diode?
a) Maximum reverse bias potential which can be applied across a diode without breakdown
b) Maximum forward bias potential which can be applied across a diode without breakdown
c) Minimum potential required by a diode to reach conduction state
d) Maximum power allowable to a diode
2. The voltage after which the diode current exponentially increases with forward bias is NOT known as ________
a) Offset voltage
b) Threshold potential
c) Firing potential
d) Peak forward voltage
3. The abbreviation PIV in the case of a diode stands for ____________
a) Peak Inferior Voltage
b) Problematic Inverse Voltage
c) Peak Inverse Voltage
d) Peak Internal Voltage
4. The diode current equation is not applicable in ____________
a) Forward biased state
b) Reverse biased state
c) Unbiased state
d) It is applicable in all bias states
5. The ideality factor of Silicon is ___________
6. What happens to cut-in voltage when the temperature increases?
a) Cut-in voltage increases
b) Cut-in voltage decreases
c) Cut-in voltage either increases or decreases
d) Cut-in voltage doesn’t depend on temperature
7. Emission coefficient of Germanium is ___________
8. What is the value of the voltage equivalent of temperature at room temperature (27oC)?
9. When temperature increases, reverse saturation current _________
c) Doesn’t depend on temperature
d) Either increases or decreases