This set of Optical Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Wavelength Routing Networks”.
1. Which of the following is used to provide wavelength signal service among the nodes?
b) Optical enhancing
d) Pulse breakdown
2. How many types of hopping are present?
3. How many switching layers are possessed by MG-OXC?
4. _____________ supports a great number of wavelength channels and reduces the number of switches within the optical network.
a) Waveband switching
b) Optical remuneration
c) Optical genesis
d) Wavelength multiplexing
5. Individual wavelength channels and wavebands are terminated through ________________ layers.
a) WXC and PXC
b) WXC and FXC
c) BXC and FXC
d) WXC and BXC
6. The routing and wavelength assignment problem addresses the core issue of _____________
a) Traffic patterns in a network
b) Wavelength adjustment
c) Wavelength continuity constraint
d) Design problem
7. How many techniques of implementation are there for routing wavelength assignment (RWA)?
8. ____________ deals with establishing the light path in frequently varying traffic patterns.
a) Wavelength routing
b) Wavelength multiplexing
c) Static RWA
d) Dynamic RWA
9. Static RWA problem is also known as _____________
a) Routing problem
b) Virtual topology problem
c) Static wavelength problem
d) Light path problem
10. The ___________ provides information about the physical path and wavelength assignment for all active light paths.
a) Network state
c) LAN topology
d) Secluded communication protocol
11. ________________ plays an important role in determining the blocking probability of a network.
a) CGA algorithm
b) Semi-pristine environment
c) RWA algorithm
d) Pass key protocol
12. Wavelength assignment in RWA is independent on the network topology.
13. Static RWA technique is semi-permanent.